Pancake day is nearly here. While I’m thinking about what to give up for Lent we started talking about “practice pancake day” which is a family tradition.
We have doing this for the last 8 years. I love love love pancakes!!
I’ve always used Delia’s basic pancake recipe as they make really thin pancakes.
Pancakes (makes about 12)
110g Plain Flour
Pinch of salt
200ml Milk mixed with 75ml Water
● In a bowl measure out the flour and salt, make a small hollow and add the eggs. Mix this really well, if you don’t do this now you will end up with lumps of flour in your pancakes.
● Next add the milk/water mixture a little at a time until you’ve used all of the liquid. You can store it in the fridge until you’re ready to start cooking them.
● Just before you start. Melt a small bit of butter and mix it into the pancake batter.
● Heat the pan, add a tiny bit of butter. Pour in some batter and cook then either flip (I can’t bring myself to do this in case I drop it) or use a spatula.
● Make more and eat with whatever filling you like. We like to eat them with lemon and sugar.