I’m not a big fan of any of the desserts made in GBBO this week so I’ve gone for a no bake cheesecake.
I could have cheated and linked to my old post for lemon cheesecake as this is my favourite but I need to push myself a little as that’s why I joined this bake along business in the first place.
So I’ve made a vanilla cheesecake, which is delicious and I will be making this one again.
The original recipe needed tweaking and I ended up changing it all!
200g digestive biscuits, crushed
100g butter, melted
500g full-fat cream cheese
100 g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
300ml double cream, lightly whipped
•In a mixing bowl, mix together the biscuit crumbs and the melted butter.
• Press the biscuit mixture into a lined 9″ spring-form cake. Use a metal spoon to press the biscuit crumbs down firmly and evenly. Pop into the fridge until set.
• In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla extract until well combined.
• Fold in the double cream.
• Spoon the cream mixture onto the biscuit base. Smooth the top of the cheesecake.
• Put the cheesecake in the fridge for 1 hour until set.
• To serve, remove from the cake tin and cut into slices.
You can join in here.
Thanks for looking!!