I decided to have a clear out of my cupboards today and found three tins of crushed pineapple! I don’t have any idea why I’ve got these three tins but I’m not one for waste.
A quick Google later and I found a easy recipe that only uses 3 ingredients. And I have made a vegan cake! I love that this recipe doesn’t use eggs as I’m always forgetting to buy them.
Easy peasy quick cake. And a recipe I can share with my newly vegan sister.
3 Ingredient Pineapple Cake
2 cups of self raising flour
1 cup of sugar
1 450g tin of crushed pineapple
- Mix the dry ingredients together
- Add the pineapple – don’t drain it!
- Give it a good mix until it’s all blended well
- Pop the mix into a ring tin that has been greased well (I used oil spray as it’s quick and easy – also not butter!)
- Bake for 35 minutes until golden and a skewer comes out clean
- Ta-da!!! Vegan cake.
- I made a simple syrup from orange juice and zest with sugar, which I boiled for around 1 minute and left to cool and thicken. Once thickened I poured it over the top.
Eat it the same day as it’s better fresh.
Thanks for reading!!